HAPPY KIDS KINDERGARTEN This is an example of our day. Indoor and Outdoor times vary depending on the time of year 7.30 - Arread more »
Happy Kids Kindergarten Lane Cove Is a Private Community Centre, The Management Committee will:- • Accept responsibility for overall safety and maintenance of the centre. • Ensure that the cenread more »
Happy Kids Kindergarten Lane Cove is a long day care centre which has been operating since 1987 and provides quality care for children aged 2-6 years. The staff at Happy Kids Kindergarten, provide anread more »
Happy Kids Kindergarten - Our Philosophy
Happy Kids Kindergarten's philosophy is to provide a safe, friendly, caring environment, which enables us to offer provisions for the development of the whole child and cater for the needs, interests and differences of children , staff, families and the wider community.
The aim of our kindergarten is to develop meaningful experiences enabling the child to learn as they explore their own interests.
The Happy Kids staff value the role of families by encouraging them to contribute and help evaluate the program and centre’s policies. We ask parents to support us by joining the Parent Committee to assist with policies and decision making.
We aim to offer opportunities that will encourage children’s development by:
Belonging:- Encouraging the child to feel secure and comfortable within their surroundings, to build confidence and self esteem and to forge relationships.
Children will develop their sense of identity through exploration, while taking into account the physical, social, emotional, spiritual and cognitive areas.
Being:- Recognising the importance of children’s right to be a child and experience the joy of childhood. This involves children developing an awareness of their social and cultural heritage, gender and their significance in the world.
All this is achieved through using the child’s interests and encouraging children to participate, in the program planning and decision making processes.
Becoming:- Acknowledging the growth and development that happens in the first five years of life and the importance of nurturing each child’s wellbeing and learning, building and shaping their identity, through evolving experiences and relationships which include change and transitions.
This is achieved by using the children’s interests and strengths to guide planning and further learning, staff will make learning stimulating, challenging, and supportive for each child.
Our fluid program enables us to provide quality learning experiences both planned and spontaneous and through working in collaboration with families and children, we aim to provide quality care and education for each child.
Happy Kids Staff, aim to achieve positive mutual outcomes by:-
• Providing the highest quality care while, taking into account the individual needs of each child.
• Providing a safe and hygienic environment, by encouraging healthy practices and diet.
• Providing an anti-bias environment and positive interactions between staff, parents and children
• Encouraging children to interact with other individuals in a socially acceptable manner, while recognising that all others have rights.
• Offering care and education for children with special needs through collaboration with parents and professionals and appreciating the limitations and capabilities of children with additional needs. To teach children that no-one should be discriminated against on the basis of gender, age, race, language, culture or natural origin.
• Encouraging children to accept responsibility and develop independence for their peers, caregivers and the wider community. Children will be encouraged to accept responsibility which will help them to develop independence, confidence and empathy.
We believe our holistic approach to children's development, helps them to transition to school with confidence.
We value the importance of play as it enhances all areas of a child's development.
The Happy Kid's philosophy is reviewed by staff and families yearly
Happy Kids Kindergarten - Our Goals
The staff at Happy Kids Kindergarten, foster each child’s self esteem by providing the following:-
Positive reinforcement and encouragement make learning possible
Guidance for children to gain self help and independent skills within a framework, routines and limits
Indoor and outdoor experiences using a wide range of equipment and resources
Information for parents regarding their child’s development
Support and advice for parents and families with resources and referrals to specialist groups where required
A welcome for each and every child into our centre regardless of gender, race, religion and ability
Providing a safe, happy, enjoyable and rewarding day for your child at kindy
Happy Kids Kindergarten - Centre Aims
• The centre aims to provide a style of care similar to that of the child’s home environment.
• The centre will provide an environment where the child’s needs are our priority.
• The centre aims to provide an environment which is accepting to other’s differences.
• Childhood and play will be encouraged as a means to a child’s positive development and growth as happy and contented individuals
Happy Kids Kindergarten - Long Term Objectives
The children’s program at Happy Kids Kindergaren is designed to:-
• Provide a safe and nurturing environment that encourages the development of the whole child.
• Provide a play and educationally planned program for the development of each child.
• Recognise uniqueness and provide positive encouragement for continued growth.
• Develop a sense of respect and caring for themselves and others.
• Develop responsibility for their actions and to exercise appropriate independences.
• Develop social development by providing opportunities for sharing, taking turns, making friends, resolving conflicts, helping others and building self-esteem.
• Encourage the physical development of gross motor skills through outdoor and indoor play, as well as fine motor development through the use of manipulative toys, blocks and other small objects.
• Encourage creativity by offering a wide range of art materials, musical experiences, drama and language.
• Encourage development through literature, puppetry, dramatic play, music and games.